Welcome to The Rio Grande Art Association!
2022 Encantada! Prospectus
Encantada! 2022 is a national show and sale of original paintings presented by the Rio Grande Art Association (RGAA) and hosted by FUSION in Albuquerque, New Mexico from Thursday, September 1, 2022 through October 1, 2022.
You Must be a member of Rio Grande Art Association and meet all entry requirements outlined in the prospectus.
Entries may not be altered after submission.
All entry fees must be received by midnight June 30th 2022 and are non-refundable.
You may pay online by credit card, PayPal, or you may mail a check. (Checks for entry and/or membership fees must arrive at the RGAA post office by 8 a.m. July 1st 2022) Check may be mailed to RGAA, P.O. Box 40148, Albuquerque, NM 87196
You may submit up to three entries. Please click the link below to enter. The deadline for entry is Thursday, June 30th midnight.
SUBMIT ARTWORK HERE
Juried artists will compete for awards in cash and merchandise prizes from our sponsors for $1000 first, $500 second, and $300 third place as well as numerous awards of excellence.
This national call is open to current (or new) RGAA members ages 18 and over and not limited to New Mexico residents.
Our focus is on creativity, originality, and the development of personal expression!
Formed in 1998, RGAA is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to educating and promoting New Mexico artists who work in various media. We welcome anyone interested in art, particularly those artists who work in oils, acrylics, casein, egg tempera, oil pastels, encaustic, mixed media, or any painting media that are exhibited without glass. These media may be hand painted on canvas, canvas board, paper, Masonite, and a variety of other grounds. Traditional, classic, contemporary, or avant-garde painters are welcome! Our focus is on creativity, originality, and the development of personal expression.
RGAA Bylaws (updated July 2019)
We meet on the third Saturday of each month (except July and December) at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 431 Richmond Pl. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87106
What We Do
- Sponsor a national juried show, ¡Encantada! each fall (more info Encantada!).
- Co-sponsor MasterWorks of New Mexico each spring (more info MasterWorks of New Mexico).
- Provide workshops and additional exhibition venues for our members.
- Publish The Palette, our monthly newsletter (current and archived copies: The Palette).
- Present ten educational programs at member meetings per year, featuring professional demonstrations and lectures (more info Meetings / Presentations & Demos).
- Qualifying for entry into MasterWorks, Encantada, the Summer Fine Art Show and Sale, and other RGAA-sponsored exhibitions
- Ten inspiring educational meetings per year (no meetings July or December)
- RGAA-sponsored educational programs and workshops
- The Palette newsletter published ten times per year
- Member website listing on the RGAA website
- 10% discount on purchases at Artisan Art Supply (show your RGAA Membership Card 2022)
Next RGAA Member Meeting
Saturday, August 20th
St. Mark's Episcopal Church
431 Richmond Place NE
Albuquerque, NM 87106
10 am Presentation by Charlie Aldrich, “Birds of Confusion”
Several volunteer positions need to be filled for 2022: Vice President, Encantada Show Chair, and Non-Juried Show Chair
See full descriptions: 2022 Board, Committee, and Volunteer Duties
Volunteer here: RGAA Volunteer Signup
Members, post your artwork on the RGAA Facebook Page! And be sure to "like" the page while you're there!