Celebrating our 25th anniversary, the Rio Grande Art Association (RGAA) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the education and promotion of New Mexico artists. Membership is open to everyone and all media. Traditional, classic, contemporary, or avant-garde artists at all levels are welcome! Our focus is on creativity, originality, and the development of personal expression!
We meet on the third Saturday of each month (except July and December) at UNM Continuing Education Conference Center, North Building, Classroom D, 1634 University Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131
Guests are welcome to attend our monthly educational programs.
RGAA Bylaws (updated July 2019)
MasterWorks of New Mexico Miniature/Small Fine Art Division online submissions are due Saturday, March 4, 5 pm
Master Works Volunteer Signup
Bardean LLC sponsors the Miniature/Small Fine Art Division Show. No society membership is required to enter.
Peggy Immel Workshop 2023 ~ Start to Finish: Creating Successful Landscapes
PEGGY IMMEL WORKSHOP
Peggy's workshop is full. To be put on the wait list, please contact Bonnie Buckley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 505-480-7020.
What We Do
- Sponsor an annual juried exhibition, ¡Encantada!,each fall (more info Encantada!).
- Co-sponsor MasterWorks of New Mexico each spring (more info MasterWorks of New Mexico).
- Provide workshops and additional exhibition venues for our members.
- Publish The Palette, our monthly newsletter (current and archived copies: The Palette).
- Present ten educational programs at member meetings per year, featuring professional demonstrations and lectures (more info Meetings / Presentations & Demos).
- Qualifying for entry into MasterWorks, Encantada, and other RGAA-sponsored exhibitions
- Ten inspiring educational meetings per year (no meetings July or December)
- RGAA-sponsored educational programs and workshops
- The Palette newsletter published ten times per year
- Member website listing on the RGAA website
- 10% discount at Artisan ABQ Art Supply
Next RGAA Member Meeting
Saturday, April 15, 10 am - noon
MasterWorks Workshop Demo (at ExpoNM Hispanic Arts Gallery)
Presentation by Peggy Immel,
Peggy Immel’s landscapes are inspired by her love of the outdoors and the unique beauty of the land near her home in Taos. They convey an explicit point of view with visual tension and contrast to the viewer, creating an emotional connection to a sense of place. Her paintings have been included in national exhibitions and have received numerous awards. Her work has been showcased in Santa Fean Magazine, Fine Art Connoisseur, Plein Air Magazine, Southwest Art Magazine and Art of the West. She is represented by Wilder Nightingale Fine Art in Taos and Sorrel Sky Gallery in Santa Fe and Durango. Peggy studied at Arizona State University, The School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, DeCordova Museum School, Lincoln, Massachusetts, and The Silvermine Arts Center, New Canaan, Connecticut. She is a Master Signature Member of Plein Air Painters of New Mexico, a Signature Member of Plein Air Artists Colorado and a Signature Member of American Women Artists. MORE INFO: www.peggyimmel.com
See full descriptions: 2023 Board, Committee, and Volunteer Duties
Members, post your artwork on the RGAA Facebook Page! And be sure to "like" the page while you're there!